News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Burnside Carbine

Ralph A

I'll... and simply say that this is a very nice specimen.

I wouldn't worry about the "serious" collectors, they will always find examples of what they need for their collections.

Regards

Brian

Thank you gents, it looks good hanging on the wall.

Mustard is for New Yorkers! I prefer a NC or KC style sauce.

NC style is good, too. Although raised in SC, I was born in NC (Charlotte) so I can lay claim to an affinity for both varities of sauce. New Yorkers and mustard-based BBQ sauce? You mean vinegar-based, don't you? They put it on chicken. :jumping:

New Yorkers and mustard-based BBQ sauce?

You see, here's the problem. Mustard is mustard. Not BBQ sauce. :shame:

Mustard and pastrami. Not pulled pork. Mustard and a hot dog. Not brisket. Mustard (German only) and a bratwurst. Not ribs. Mustard has no place anywhere near BBQ. Hell, that bright yellow stuff you use in SC is barely even mustard. Leave it in New York (or Milwaukee).

We need to start a BBQ thread and rescue your carbine! :off topic::beer:

Edited by IrishGunner

Shall we discuss Canada's war obssession... AKA "We won the War of 1812!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gladly, however, you seemed to have already arrived at the only logical conclusion to any discussion we might have on the subject. :whistle:

In reality, we can discuss a war between our two countries (even though we didn't become a nation until 1867), accept the other fellow's opinion as his right to his own opinion, and part as friends.

If that isn't something both sides can be proud of, I'm not sure what is. Sounds like everyone, except the First Nations, won.

Regards

Brian

Gladly, however, you seemed to have already arrived at the only logical conclusion to any discussion we might have on the subject. :whistle:

In reality, we can discuss a war between our two countries (even though we didn't become a nation until 1867), accept the other fellow's opinion as his right to his own opinion, and part as friends.

If that isn't something both sides can be proud of, I'm not sure what is. Sounds like everyone, except the First Nations, won.

Regards

Brian

Deal! Although, I prefer to learn more about the Fenian Raids. :cheers:

Both my wife and I are more interested in the Fenian Raids than the War of 1812 as well.

She has the Canadian General Service Medal part of the collection and I must say I am impressed wih her medal collection.

Here's to cross border shopping and historical interest friendships. :beer:

Regards

Brian

Speaking of "raids," I always try to get up to St Alban's, Vt. every October 19th or so... just across the US-Canada border.

There is a significance to this, which escapes some historians.

Speaking of "raids," I always try to get up to St Alban's, Vt. every October 19th or so... just across the US-Canada border.

There is a significance to this, which escapes some historians.

No BBQ.

But it was the northernmost battle of the Civil War. St. Alban's Raid by Confederate raiders. Aided and abetted by Canada - some argue that also means tacit recognition of the Confederacy by Britain.

Edited by IrishGunner

No BBQ.

But it was the northernmost battle of the Civil War. St. Alban's Raid by Confederate raiders. Aided and abetted by Canada - some argue that also means tacit recognition of the Confederacy by Britain.

Interesting, I was not aware they had got that far north. Was this JEB Stuart?

Larry

Edited by Laurence Strong