News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help to identify

gro

Dear Gro, The obverse reads "One Arab Ummah" and the reverse reads, I think, "The Glory For Building(?)" - but I'll need to check with one of my Saudi staff. If this is accurate then it may be some association award but the obverse slogan is somewhat Ba'athist and thus the origin of the piece may be Iraq or Syria - all supposition though. Any one else with any ideas or a better translation? Regards, Owain

Dear Gro, As I suspected this is a Ba'athist award - not sure whether it is Iraqi or Syrian - possibly the latter. The phrases, "One Arab Nation" and "Glory to the Builders of Society" are typical Ba'ath party slogans. Kind regards, Owain

Thank you, Owain.

I might add that it is most probably Syrian Barth party branch edition: due to the place it was found and due to the style which is slightly similar to some of Syrian coins design.

What do you think about the period/date it was made....

1960x....?

• 3 months later...

Hi

This Badge is for the Baath party, I have not seen myself, but on the obverse it reads "Al-Majd Lilubnan = Glory to Lebanon". May be it belongs to somebody (Syrian or Iraqi) who has been in Lebanon and had good time to add such a slogan on the back.

Interesting item.