News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Aircraft.

Jim Baker

Another couple of Corgi's in 1:72 scale,a JU87D and a FW190A5. I have absolutely loads of die-cast aircraft but most are packed away,I have now cleared some display room so will post some more over the next few days(hopefully)

Dave

[attachmentid=28095]

Picked this badboy up yesterday,1:32 scale of Hartmann's 109G6 by Corgi.

Dave,

Wow! Very nice one!

I didn't know Corgi had Hatmann's aircraft, the Ace of the Aces!

Being 1:32 scale I bet the cockpit must be pretty well detailed, right?

I have a 1:32 plastic kit of a BF 109E from Hasegawa, that I never completed, but for which I worked quite a lot some years ago in detailing the cockpit, rebuilding the seat and adding a lot more of details to the entire cockpit, with the help of a few pictures of a real thing, the whole thing is now stored for when I'll have the time and most of all the patience to finish it.

On that scale the details can be amazing indeed!

The idea was to have it painted as the BF 109E-7/Trop "black 8" of the 2/JG 27, (pilot Werner Schroer), with the typical North Africa camouflage, RLM 78/79/80, as it can be seen on a famous picture flying over the Libyan desert.

Notice that I never managed to find any decals for this scale so if any of you guys know who makes them or where they can be available please don't hesitate to let me know ;)

Another couple of funny things is that this particular aircraft is usually presented as a 109E-7/Trop, but on a Janes book I have he is presented as a 109F-4/N Trop ! Unless Schroer used to fly both with exactly the same painting and number "8" ! Another thing is that I'm not 100% sure of the spinner, as at least on a draw I have it with the typical "cutted" spinner used on fighter planes, painted half red half white, on that Janes draw it appears with the "pointed" spinner used on observation planes, entirely painted dark yellow, and on the real picture the spinner is too dark to be sure. So any help here would be most appreciated either ;)

Cheers,

Dolf

Edited by Dolf

• 1 month later...