News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 4 weeks later...

Hello - very nice and extremely rare to find a kS98 with a flashguard. Looking at the new grip bolts it looks like this was added well after WW1 - possibly for WW2? Some of these bayonets did make it into WW2 - I have an Erfurt W05 in my collection that came from the son of the NZ soldier that liberated it from an Afrikakorps NCO. Also just to note that the scabbard is incorrect as it is a dress version. The service issue kS98s had their own special scabbard subtly different even from the S84/98nA.

Best wishes Allan

PS what is the MG unit marking on your EB56 - assume Wurttemberg?

The word is that the EB56 was made to fill a Wurttemberg contract and nothing I have seen in terms of unit markings (including yours) or contemporary photos suggests otherwise.

If you like Wurttemberg MG bayonets have a look at this common Ersatz (EB17) but with an incredibly rare Wurttemberg MG unit marking E.G.M.G.Z.A.K.13.89. So long they had to wrap it around the whole crossguard! Ersatz-Gebirgs-Maschinengewehr-Zug, 13th (Wurttemberg) Armeekorps - this was the small training platoon (Zug) for the Wurttemberg Alpine Machine Gun Detachments.

• 3 weeks later...