News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I think there needs to be a little more information first. Is it a cap, shoulder, or pouch Badge? A shot of the back and some dimensions might help answer that. Any historey at all on wher it might have come from? Even the experts need a starting point! :)

From their appearance, these are most probably horse brasses for Cavalry - pre-1901. Many units had these on the harness during the

Boer War. They are intended to go on the centre of the horses's chest and have the various leather straps behind them.

To be absolutely certain you need to confirm that they are of thick brass and heavy ? Value wise - about 50 pounds ($80). Mervyn

Hello,

Thank you for all your help members, they are quite heavy and thick for their size 3 inches top to bottom and 1 and three quarter inches wide 2 lugs to the rear; again my thanks.

David (H)