News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Your opinions on helmet refurbishment...

Guest DEppler

Guest DEppler

Wie gehts,

I recently purchased an M42 shell. It still has about 70% of the original paint, no decal, although it appears to have been there at one time and removed, and a nice crown stamp. Since I already have a very nice M40 with one decal and original liner, do you think I should spend the time and effort to refurbish the M42 shell it by adding an original or repro liner and paint only the outside of the helmet so as not to disturb the crown stamp? Your opinions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

D

• 1 month later...

I agree with Tony and Chris on this matter. I feel that placing an original liner would not be a big deal(as long as this information was passed upon resale), yet I would not alter the shell.

Just my two cents.

Chris,

Great to see you here! I look forward to seeing bits of your awesome collection!

Paul