News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Are you Söderbaum?

What happened to your ö?

Why are there TWO of "you" asking questions?

Do you ever answer anybody else's questions?

What are you DOING... for the research community--in asking all these questions? Books? Magazine articles? Combined reference data bases?

We SHARE our work. Otherwise, what's the point? :whistle:

Just wondering. (I have an ö also, but even though it's difficult for Anglo typewriters. I will never give mine up! ö ö ö ö !) :cat:

Hej Rick

The reason why my ö is gone is that "this" website kick out people on regurlaly basis. So I could simply not log in anymore and needed to

create a new log in :(

So I am only one person.

I sometimes answer other peoples questions if it concern flyers. You can check my log.

I am a private researcher regarding German WW1 aviation since nearly 40 Years. Some of the collected material are planned to be

published in some way.

:unsure:

Gunnar

Are you Söderbaum?

What happened to your ö?

Why are there TWO of "you" asking questions?

Do you ever answer anybody else's questions?

What are you DOING... for the research community--in asking all these questions? Books? Magazine articles? Combined reference data bases?

We SHARE our work. Otherwise, what's the point? :whistle:

Just wondering. (I have an ö also, but even though it's difficult for Anglo typewriters. I will never give mine up! ö ö ö ö !) :cat:

Sorry Rick but is this a requirement for questions. If so most of the users had no contribution to the research community, including me.

In this special case you have one of the best aviation experts on this planet, and a vary gentle person. I think Gunnar help everyone who ask for help. That's the experience I made with him.

Don't forget that there are more ways of publication than this forum or online cuminities. Gunnar was involved and many publications of other authors. He was more in the background. But without his knowledge most of this publications have not been realized.

Not all make the research in the limelight as you.

Regards

Alex

Guest Rick Research

That's good to know because I have seen (being a person of advancing years myself) too many people spend their entire life doing research which is never shared with anybody... and when they die it goes in the trash and is lost. What a waste! Since I am only online at GMIC, all I have to judge somebody's seriousness (or not) is by participation HERE.

All of us Research Gnomes make SURE copies of everything we do go around to each other so that what happened with too many irreplaceable people we know will never happen with US-- years of work gone without a copy known to exist.

Research not shared isn't research--it's idle curiosity as a lifelong hobby.

There just aren't enough hours in the day for THAT--as anyone aware of my participation in books and online here knows. We aren't machines. This isn't easy. It takes time. Why should anybody ever reply to anything with no credit or appreciation?

So, after an hour (that I could have been spent doing something else, after all)--

Herr Stillunamed Heilmann started off in Bonn. He had brotherss/cousins (Heinrich & Georg) who DID have Firstnames in Paderborn--might be worth checking the Heilmann family thereabouts.

Lt dR (KR 5) 16.02.99 C2c

OLt dR (KR 5) 18.10.09

from dR status to dL in Landwehrbezirk IV, Berlin Kontrolle 1909/10

Received LD2 1908/09 suggesting 1.J. Freiwilliger ca. 1896 (potentially useful guessing age)

retired from Landwehrbezirk V, Berlin Kontrolle per Militär-Wochenblatt 22.02.13 without permission to wear uniform (not enough years of duty)

From 1907 directory of Prussian dR/dL officers Heilmann was then

Fabrikbesitzer in Töpchin/Mark

Those of you who have ever had any luck google-searching might find something from those clues.

Edited by Rick Research

I do not work on my own, so you dont need to worry Rick

:cool::cool: :cool:

I use references for the people who contribues with answers or good hints which leads to solve a case.

Rather often it could be more then one reference except my own work.

I do prefer original sources and I have totally spent long times in archives.

Anyway, as you have doubts about me (which I can accept) it is a more fair behavior just to ignore me. That is no problem

because I dont primary seek people who have the answer. I do search people who are willing to give an answer or an hint to

come further..

However, thanks for the hint regarding Bonn and his two brothers/cousins that was new info for me..:)

In cases like this such info is valuable for me for further research.

I did search for Rittm Heilmann and the Töpchin connection six months ago on the net and actually found one Fabrikbesitzer

Heilmann in Töpchin but also in this case without first name

:rolleyes:

Gunnar