News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Not much but a little more on Chief Pharmacy Mate James Lane

A little more on Chief Pharmacy Mate James Mcree Lane. I manged to locate him in the 1900, 1910, 1930 and 1940 US Census. In the 1910 Census he was still living with his parents in Saluda, North Carolina. In the 1940 Census he is living with his wife Elizabeth in Saluda, North Carolina. I found some extra information on his family. First his father is listed in the 1910 census as a cashier at the Carolina State Bank in Saluda (which folded during the depression). They bought a house called "The Oaks" in Saluda in 1908. It had been built in 1895 for a local Banker. There is a listing for Mrs. H. B. Lane (father's wife) running the Oaks as a boarding house from 1908 to the 1920's sometime. The Oaks is now a Bed and Breakfast - Here is a picture. Cheers Captain Albert