News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

KRIM BADGE & DOCUMENT TO A ROMANIAN SOLDIER.

Hallo Gentlemen, :beer: while cleaning the old medal cabinet, on the bottom shelf where the III reich stuff is located I took two rare items in my collection to share to the Club.

The document is the German award / Urkunde to a Romanian soldier during WW1 part of which is printed in Romanian:

"BESITZZEUGNIS"

BREVET

Im Namen des F?hrers wurde dem

In numele F?hrerului s' a conferit

Soldat Maris T

Bat. 18 Infant. Usbova,

Der

Krimschild

Scutul Crimeei

verliehen.

A.H.Qu., den 25th Sept. 1942-

C.G., la

Mannheim

Generalfeldmarschall.

The rear is stamped H. Qu., 31.Aug.1943.

Hallo Gentlemen, :beer: while cleaning the old medal cabinet, on the bottom shelf where the III reich stuff is located I took two rare items in my collection to share to the Club.

The document is the German award / Urkunde to a Romanian soldier during WW1 part of which is printed in Romanian:

The rear is stamped H. Qu., 31.Aug.1943.

Picture of the rear of the badge, covered in card which is stuck to the rear steel plate.

WOW!

is that an original mannheim signature or a facsimile?

nice grouping.

joe

Hallo Joe, it looks like a rubber stamp :-( what would be nice to get was one of his (MANNHEIM'S) KRIM badges, apparently he had six made in GOLD for himself, and six in GOLD given as a present to ANTONESCU Head of the Romanian Armed Forces :jumping:

With regards my set of items, from talking to the receipiants grandson, he had at one time a German Black Wound Badge as well. but like a lot of WW2 items they were misplaced or lost under the communist rule.

And I had a girlfriend in Mannheim, Germany.

Regarding the unit, I don't think it's "Usbova". It is more likely "Uşoară". A Batalion Infanterie Uşoară was a light infantry battalion.

Thanks for the input gents. :beer:

With regards the spelling on the document the handwritten Romanian is dificult for me to read however I will get a translation from the Grandson and I dont have the Romanian characters enabled on my Keyboard only German and English. The mistake spelling of the GeneralFieldMarshal name however is entirely my own. :blush:

Still I believe its a unique document :jumping:

Kevin.

And I had a girlfriend in Mannheim, Germany.

Regarding the unit, I don't think it's "Usbova". It is more likely "Uşoară". A Batalion Infanterie Uşoară was a light infantry battalion.

Hallo and good evening to the Gentlemen, :beer:

With regards this document I was talking to the receipients grandson and he comfirms the following:

Name: of Soldier, MARIS TRAIAN.

UNIT: BATTALION 18 LIGHT INFANTRY (USOARA).

Attached a postcard style picture of the Military Hospital where he was treated for wounds, dated 12th 9th 1945 at BAILE HERCULANE, Sanatoriul Militar, (Military Hospital & Spa).

I am trying to confirm if he would have been eligable for a German Black Wound badge or any other awards, the Grandson is making enquires.

Kev in Deva.