News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Kraftfahrer with leather shoulder straps

Hardy,

Here are the three types. First, the M1907 leather strap for the black Lederlitewka (from the collection of the Bavarian Army Museum). It was red leather with a black leather underside. The device was a brass wheel with lightening bolts. This was replaced in 1911 with a brass "K" on a black leather strap. In the spring of 1916, the brass "K" was replaced by a red chainstiched letter "K". You can't really date a wartime photo by the brass "K" alone, as the ones already in use in 1916 continued to be worn until the end of the war.

Chip

Edited by Chip

Just as an added note....the Lederlitewka came with and without the automobile collar device, the difference being that the ones with the device indicated that the wearer had earned his military Führerschein (driver's license).

Chip

Just as an added note....the Lederlitewka came with and without the automobile collar device, the difference being that the ones with the device indicated that the wearer had earned his military Führerschein (driver's license).

Chip

Hi Chip!

That´s right! BUT! I don´t know, what about people, who HAD the civilian driver license before? Did they wear that badge too?

Ok mario andretti, Let me see your Dampfkesselüberwachungsverein Führerschein and insurance/ registration...."Certianlly officer, nice day isn't it?"

Hey eeeerr Chip, your Dampfkesselüberwachungsverein Führerschein has expired! "Blast! Its the wife's fault for not reminding me"

:lol:

Sorry Prussian I've the giggles......

Andreas,

I don't know if those with civilian driver's licenses were just handed a military license. I would think they would have to have training on military vehicles before they could be allowed to drive them. Perhaps some, like the former members of the Kaiserliches Freiwilliges Automobil-Korps got a pass, as they were equivalent to officers and had been driving for the military for some time before they were inducted into the Kraftfahrkorps.

Chip