News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A few ribbon bars, everything legit?

Hi everyone,

i found a bunch of ribbon bars on a local show today and would like to have confirmation, if they are all ok. Also, i would appreciate a little help with the value, as these will be for sale soon.

Having them in hand, they are okay in my opinion, especially the devices are all real, but you never know...

Thanks in advance

Gerd

Hi Gerd, a gilt sevice would be indicitive of the 40-year cross. Swords on that ribbon I would usually suspect it to be an RK. But looking at the bar with no other awards for WW1 beyond an EK2/Honor Cross that possibility (the medal) does exist. The bars look fine to me.

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch:

:jumping::jumping::jumping:

You had a grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat show!!!!!

1) Very late example of that WEIRD Saxon mini EK ribbon bar device fashion

2) I think that IS a Saxe-Ernestine Knight 1st Class X for a WW1 Captain who just missed getting an XXV Cross... but by the early war years had 40 years combined service with the civil service 40 and the civil KVK. I think this is more likely a "24 years" time Major aD than a senior NCO-- who would have gotten an army long service medal for his time in.

But what astounds and amazes me the most is on the bottom. Ooooooooooooooooo yeaaaaahhhhhhh:

[attachmentid=28159]

THAT, my friend, is one I need very nice scans for the Updated Ribbon Bar Article for, including a closeup of the eagle at 500% size at 96dpi, please.

Why?

Why because I have had exactly ONE in all the years I've been collecting, and like a FREAKIN IDIOT I sold it years and years ago.

It is the CORRECT eagle for an R.A.D. 25 Years Service Medal. That would make TWO bars I have seen with this. Detlev Niemann sold a set a year or more back, medal bar and ribbon bar, that had the silver 18 version. That's IT for the ones I have seen.

These make the 1940 "shovel" devices look common, by comparison! :beer:

:jumping::jumping::beer::beer:

It could not be better. Thanks so much to the good and the evil Rick (please chose yourself, who is who :P )

There were not much Orders and Medals on this show, but i couldn?t just let these pass, as they are all looked good to me and the price was right.

Thanks again, guys. :cheers:

Gerd

Guest Rick Research

Yass, Evil Ricky. The R.A.D. eagle is not just a weird ugly shape, like the Schickle type, it is a SPECIFIC unvarying shape:

note the short, stubby FLAT outer edged wings angled thusly / with no curve there. A bit brighter, tweaked

[attachmentid=28215]

It's a chunky eagle but proportioned to the wreath and swastika. Sort of like a larger Polizei eagle with no wreath and the characteristic flat outer wing planes. Unlike the army eagles that come in multiple shapes and sizes by maker, whoever made the R.A.D. ones apparently only had this ONE size.