News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen was never awarded with the black-white prussian "war-ribbon". Always with the white-red/orange ribbon of the red-eagle-order, but 35mm wide instead of 30mm for the RAO 4th class.

Two very rare exceptions were made:
    - after the war against Denmark 1864 a few subaltern military officials, who served behind the front without any enemy contact, got the AEZ with a narrow black stripe between the two red/orange stripes

- over the decades a few persons got the AEZ with the ribbon of the livesaving medal, in case of a second livesaving and if they received the livesaving medal before.

Regards

Markus

• 8 years later...
    On 25/03/2014 at 06:58, NavalMark said:

The Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen was never awarded with the black-white prussian "war-ribbon".

Despite their number is technically negligible, according to Eric C. Ludvigsen's counting of the Royal Prussian Ordens-Liste, there were indeed at least two(!) such medals awarded, one each in 1907 and in 1910.

A few more could be possible, but I don't have further information. Also, I have no idea who received such an exception or why, but from the dates, it sounds like probably something in the colonies, maybe civilians (without a specific rank) taking up arms against "insubordinate" Natives?!

Needless to say no one should pay any bonus for a single AEZ coming with a black and white ribbon, because that's just too easy to manipulate, but if a fitting document should ever surface, this might be rather interesting!

;)

Edited by saschaw