News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Italian fascist Era Ribbon Bars

Guest Rick Research

Guest Rick Research

I am looking for front and back scans of Italian ribbon bars 1940-43 to post (with credit) on the permanent German Ribbon Bars Article here at GMIC.

Not expanding that to ALL Axis allies in depth, just interested in typical examples of different styles--if there were any. The only Italian ribbon bars I've ever seen, from either war, were sew-ons. If there was any other type, that's the sort of different styles that I'm looking for. Thanks!

If you deal with official ribbons, they are all of the same type and size (but one). For unofficial medals/ribbons they can be somehow different.

In the period 1940-43 only a few official medals were created (cross for military barvery 1941, cross for military bravery 1942, cross for military bravery 1943, volunteers for Spanish campaign 1940, Unification of Italy 1940, Albanian campaign 1940, Spanish campaign 1940, aeronautics pioneers 1941, long service in PAI 1941, military bravery for firefighters 1942, long service for firfighters 1942, order of the roman eagle 1942, Africa campaign 1943, WW2 1941). Of course the many-many other medals/ribbons created in the previous years were still in use.

If you specify which ones you are interested the most, I can try to take some pictures.

Guest Rick Research

Any ribbon bars worn by Italian military or political personnel during the period 1940-43. :beer:

I always like reverse scans to see how things were sewn, or types of pin used in the construction.

So far ALL the ones I have ever seen were sewn on--but most over here are from WW1, families who emigrated to Rhode Island in the 1920s. The Germans went from silk or cotton (WW1) to synthetic material ribbons (mid-1930s+) and I don't even know if that was true for Italy as well.

Guest Rick Research

Perfect perfect perfect!!!! :jumping::jumping::jumping:

In fact, you have so many nice ones, I think you should but them in a permanent Italian Ribbon Bars Article --I had no idea there were so many variations. I'm not sure how to START a new Permanent Article on the new home page, but if it needs Nick to start one up for you, I sure think it would be worthwhile. These are GREAT!

The group still on the pocket flap is amazing. :cheers:

Edited by Rick Research

• 3 weeks later...