News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

....Something to tide everyone over until the SOS crowd returns home in a couple of days to brag about what they've acquired. So, until then, here's a steel Ehrenbecher for those interested in flight related items. The years haven't been overly kind to this and it was badly stored before I got it, and a surface layer or rust had formed all over the entire goblet. There are no traces of this ever having been silvered. The surfce is lightly pitted so a photo with a higher resolution is going to begin looking very grainy even though the camera was sharply focused.

I keep this inside a glass dome with moistture absorbant packs inside an open plastic bag, inside the goblet. For extra protection, this is one of the few items I've ever applied a thin layer of oil to as an additional moisture barrier.

Yes, it's "identified" (attributed) but there's no inscribed or engraved name on it. I'm -not- advertising who the recipient was, or what else may (or may not) have come along with this item.

Les

Edited by Les

Here's what the inside looks like, which shows the seam/weld line and where rust has gotten to the steel. Also, notice the signs of metal working, and how the rim was formed and rolled inwards.

Les