News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Friedrich August Ernst Graf Bellegarde

David M

I am looking for information and pictures of Generalmajor FAE Graf Bellegarde.

I found this already....compiled from the Militär-schematismus and the Militärverordnungsblätter to be found online.

thanks a lot :-)

Friedrich August Ernst Graf Bellegarde (geboren 10.12.1826, gestorben 12.01.1886); 1. Rittmeister im Cürassier-Regiment "Ludwig Graf Wallmoden-Gimborn" Nr 6, Versetzung zum Uhlanen-Regiment "Ferdinand beider Sizilien" Nr 12 5.11.1857 als Oberstlieutenant zum Uhlanen- Regiment "Graf Civalart" Nr 1, 11.04.1858 Versetzung in gleicher Eigenschaft zum Dragoner-Regiment "Fürst Windisch-Graetz" Nr 7, 21.06.1859 Oberst und Commandeur; 21.08.1866/26.08.1866 Generalmajor und Generaladjutant. MVK; 22.12.1864 belobende Anerkennung; 03.10.1866 OEK3mKD; HG3; RStW4; BHLO3 27.04.1852; PROA2b 07.12.1860; PKO2bX 03.09.1864.

• 3 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

I did find his Major promotion 20.06.1854 and the fact that it was not he who got the HG3, but his father. I just hope there is something of a picture of a written biography in any kind of book. His family is well written about :-)

• 3 weeks later...

I have something about him in German and a woodcut, though not a portrait. But in exchange I would like to have your information with footnotes. Deal? This is a sincere "offer", don't be worried, that I am new here. I found this club, because I googled Bellegardes name. Best regards 1864

Edited by 1864

According a contemporary Hungarian newspaper Graf Bellegarde lost his wealth due to the 1873 panic. After that he made big debts.

Around 1885 the authorities want to investigate him in a peculation case, but he went to abroad and finally died in Cairo.