News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Wearing "Flower Campaign" Medals

The regulation is often quoted that members of the Wehrmacht were only supposed to wear two of the "Flower Campaign" medals (Austria, Sudetenland and Memel) together. Can anyone tell me what the source of this information is please?

Thanks

James

Edited by James Clark

Guest Rick Research

One of the Reichsgesetzbl?tter. The specific issue from pre-war 1939 is no longer contained in the biological memory units, alas. As dimly recalled when having seen the original, it may well have been IN the creation notice in the RGB for the Prague bar or for the Westwall Medal.

That applied, BTW, only and specifically within the Wehrmacht.

Thanks Rick,

I have copies of the statutes instituting all the awards (Flower Campaign and Westwall) as well as regulations for wearing the awards and there is no mention of such a restriction in any of them. However, my sources don't go later than 1940 (apart from the 1945 Doehle, which doesn't mention it), so I suppose it must have been in a subsequent addendum to the statutes. Just one of those things - I couldn't remember where I heard about the "two Flower medals only" rule, so it seemed like a good idea to get a note of the contemporary source.

James

I did not find any source mentioning that it is not possible to get all 3 flower war medals.

But it is indeed in the Doehle, that holders of a flower war medal could not get a Schutzwallehrenzeichen.

Anyway; I can imagine that just a small bunch of high ranking people could have "won" all 3 of them.

Best regards

Daniel