News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hanover Ernst-August Order Document

Hello GMIC members

Can anybody tell me if this is a genuine transmittal document of the Ernst August Order Knight 1st class from 1866 given to an officer of artillery? As I understand there were no award documents for this order due to the fact it was only in existence for a brief period of time. Is it rare? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

This transmittal letter mentions that the Award document will follow at a later date, so I guess it also functions as a preliminary award document until the official document is sent.

If they ever got around to doing the official document I cannot say. With the 1914 EK the Kaiser decided (when he saw the ballon was about to burst) that whatever the guys had, was the final document, that included just about any official notification/Ausweiss/Vorläufige document etc.

Hi,

This transmittal letter mentions that the Award document will follow at a later date, so I guess it also functions as a preliminary award document until the official document is sent.

If they ever got around to doing the official document I cannot say. With the 1914 EK the Kaiser decided (when he saw the ballon was about to burst) that whatever the guys had, was the final document, that included just about any official notification/Ausweiss/Vorläufige document etc.

Hi Chris

Do you know if the document states the award being a knight 1st class & that he was in the Artillery branch of service with a rank of Captain? Your thoughts on it being genuine. The paper itself is cream color, folded several times with plenty of empty space, a bit worn, however no seal. The seller says it was purchased back in the early 70's from Graf Klenau. Thanks

Sincerely

Brian

Brian