News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Ed!

Yes. Oldenburg had the Inf.Rgt.91, the Dragoner-Rgt.Nr.19 and the I.Abt. (with three batteries) of the FAR62.

The II.Abt. was in Osnabrück.

In Oldenburg also were a part of the justice-personal of the 19.Inf.Div., the command of the 37th Inf.Brig. and the command of the19th field-artillery brigade

Hi Ed!

Yes. Oldenburg had the Inf.Rgt.91, the Dragoner-Rgt.Nr.19 and the I.Abt. (with three batteries) of the FAR62.

The II.Abt. was in Osnabrück.

In Oldenburg also were a part of the justice-personal of the 19.Inf.Div., the command of the 37th Inf.Brig. and the command of the19th field-artillery brigade

Thanks....I would think anything unit marked from anyone of those regiments would be very rare?

Oldenburg's peacetime contingent was IR 91, DR 19 and I./FAR 62, but the Grand Duchy fielded more units during the war. Among these were:

Inf.-Rgt. Nr. 411, formerly Inf.-Rgt. bzw. Küstenschutz-Rgt. Oldenburg, a mixed Hanoverian/Oldenburg/Braunschwieg regiment

• I./Res.-Inf.-Rgt. Nr. 74

• Stab, II. u. III./Res.-Inf.-Rgt. Nr. 79

• Res.-Inf.-Rgt. Nr. 259

• III./Res.-Inf.-Rgt. Nr. 441

• I./Ldst.-Inf.-Rgt. Nr. 22

• Res.-Drag.-Rgt. Nr. 6

• Stab u. I./Feldart.-Rgt. Nr. 94

• Stab u. I./Res.-Feldart.-Rgt. Nr. 20

I do not believe the award rolls for Oldenburg's main wartime award, the Friedrich August Cross 1st and 2nd Class, have survived, but they may turn up someday (Anhalt's were reported lost, but later found in a castle where they had been moved for safekeeping). I believe the records of the House Order of Peter Frederick Louis are in the hands of the former ruling house, and there is a dispute between two branches of that house.

Oldenburg's peacetime contingent was IR 91, DR 19 and I./FAR 62, but the Grand Duchy fielded more units during the war. Among these were:

Inf.-Rgt. Nr. 411, formerly Inf.-Rgt. bzw. Küstenschutz-Rgt. Oldenburg, a mixed Hanoverian/Oldenburg/Braunschwieg regiment

• I./Res.-Inf.-Rgt. Nr. 74

• Stab, II. u. III./Res.-Inf.-Rgt. Nr. 79

• Res.-Inf.-Rgt. Nr. 259

• III./Res.-Inf.-Rgt. Nr. 441

• I./Ldst.-Inf.-Rgt. Nr. 22

• Res.-Drag.-Rgt. Nr. 6

• Stab u. I./Feldart.-Rgt. Nr. 94

• Stab u. I./Res.-Feldart.-Rgt. Nr. 20

I do not believe the award rolls for Oldenburg's main wartime award, the Friedrich August Cross 1st and 2nd Class, have survived, but they may turn up someday (Anhalt's were reported lost, but later found in a castle where they had been moved for safekeeping). I believe the records of the House Order of Peter Frederick Louis are in the hands of the former ruling house, and there is a dispute between two branches of that house.

Thanks Dave....good info. The House Order is one thing I have interest in.

There were a few Landsturm formations:

Küstenschutz-Btl. Oldenburg, später 1.Ldst.Inf.Btl.Oldenburg (X.2)
    2.Ldst.Inf.Btl. Oldenburg (X.3)
    3.Ldst.Inf.Ers.Btl. Oldenburg (X.18 )
    4.Ldst.Inf.Ers.Btl. Oldenburg (X.21)
    5.Ldst.-Inf.Btl. Oldenburg (X.40)