News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Of no significant help to you, but I found a Liebing in RIR 106; KIA in 1914 - not your guy:

Nachname Liebing Vorname Johann(es)

geb. am 10.09.1884

Geburtsort Höhnbach

Dienstgrad / Beruf Reservist

Erkennungsmarke

Truppenteil 4. K. R* R 106

Todes-/Vermisstendatum 11.10.1914

Todesland Deutschland

Todes- / Vermisstenort Dillenburg, verm.im Lazarett Dillenburg

Todesart verst. Erstbestattungsort

Letzte Ruhestätte/Stadt Dillenburg dort Grablage Grab 3 Abt. Soldatenfriedhof

Edited by IrishGunner

Hi,

A silly Question... 106R... am I correct in thinking this is the 106th Reserve and not 106 IR ?

The Holster is 1915 dated... so the Guy killed in 1914 is a miss, the 2nd Guy may be a hit? This is assuming (and it is a long shot) that he was a KIA... Even if the place is different, it is possible that a French soldier picked it up somewhere and took it home...

The only real way would be to find a list of the 106 I think....

You mean Reserve?

106R (regiment)not Reserve. Hard to determine what was in the minds of armorers when marking their equipment but with the marking along with the date and from my books, my opinion is 106 Regiment.

Edited by E Williams

There are 239 entries for Liebing in the genealogy.net database of Verlustlisten, which is 78% complete. That's killed, wounded or missing, and of course the same person can appear multiple times. It appears from the birthplaces that at least half of these are Saxons (and many of the others are from Thuringia or Prussian Saxony).

There are IR 106 and RIR 106 histories in the Erinnerungsblätter series. I have no idea if they have Ehrentafeln.