News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Denys Biden lost his right arm in North Africa in an incident that killed the rest of his platoon. He, unlike some loved to talk about his exploits over a few whisky's. Taught himself to paint with his left hand, he was a regular at art exhibitions in the Eastern Cape. Victim of a failed attempt to replace a pacemaker, Denys passed away aged 93, sound of mind and body till the end. Why doctors carry out procedures on people of that age that are not in a life threatening situation I will never know. We have so few WW2 left....go in peace Mr Biden.

Condolences to his son Clive who is still painting I think.

Here's one of Denys's paintings that went for a song on BidorBuy. Outstanding considering he was using his 'wrong' hand. The colours are just great. Sleep well Denys.

Edited by Spasm

My Cousin - a retired doctor from Capetown has just visited. She said the risk to old people going into

hospital is high - with infection coming from viruses which are resistent to treatment - and which are endemic

in many SA hospitals.

Another veteran has gone - may he RIP. Mervyn

Yes the medical profession are probably the single greatest cause of death amongst elderly people. I recently went to see my doctor after several years for an injury I had sustained.He was cross that I hadn't seen him for years and he wanted to prescribe me several pills including statins, which I refused with thanks. He said I am prescribing these to help you live longer. I replied the reason I haven't visited you for years is precisely because I do want to live longer.

RIP Denys

Paul

Well spotted spasm, his last painting I saw in December was a WW2 North African bayonet charge at Night,, think he wanted a few hundred rand for it:-( he never knew what to charge ( exscuse the pun....charge..bayonet....)

Cheers D.