News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Golden Kite 6 & 7 - how do you identify a replica?

Relic99

I've been looking for a Golden Kite class 6 or 7 but have seen some replicas out there. How do you identify a replica from an original from photos?
    I have a modest medal collection with no Japanese medals so these are very new to me; I wanted to add a Golden Kite to my display and decided on the 6 or 7 class because of the cost. I would appreciate any info on this topic.

hi relic 99 check out rich catalanos imperial medals and badges website or look at the info available in the japanese forum on this website i havent seen replicas in these gk classes but im sure they are out there there is some excellent info on this site to help new collectors ps 6th class medals are pretty pricey

Thanks for the reply Mickey. That site is a great resource. I had looked over it earlier and it discusses replicas of the 1st class medal but doesn't say anything about the 6th or 7th.