News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Can someone identify any of these medals?

My grandpa gave me these medals a long time ago, since then I have moved to Canada and I was just going through some old boxes and i found the medals in the attached image.. can anyone help me identify which ones are which or anything helpful about them? thank you in advance.

The two large Star ones are cap badges if it looks like gilt it is officer grade if they are silver usually reg. and so are the smaller stars.

The rest I have no idea :D but most look Yugoslavian (the Torch, small pilot style wing and the two winged badge, no idea :D)

That is the best I can help on badges sorry :D

Greetings,

Red stars are cap badges of the Yugoslav Militia (police) introduced in the '70s ('76. or '78. I am not sure). Like Rogi noticed the main difference between them and the ones used by the Army is the color of the "rays".

Small red star with the wings was worn by the members of the traffic police on collar tabs. I am not sure when were the badges with the driving wheel introduced but the Serbian Police still uses them today.

Torches and and the small golden stars were used as rank insignia, I think I had some tables with them, I'll try to dig them up...

Edited by paja

The two large Star ones are cap badges if it looks like gilt it is officer grade if they are silver usually reg. and so are the smaller stars.

The rest I have no idea :D but most look Yugoslavian (the Torch, small pilot style wing and the two winged badge, no idea :D)

That is the best I can help on badges sorry :D

Greetings,

Red stars are cap badges of the Yugoslav Militia (police) introduced in the '70s ('76. or '78. I am not sure). Like Rogi noticed the main difference between them and the ones used by the Army is the color of the "rays".

Small red star with the wings was worn by the members of the traffic police on collar tabs. I am not sure when were the badges with the driving wheel introduced but the Serbian Police still uses them today.

Torches and and the small golden stars were used as rank insignia, I think I had some tables with them, I'll try to dig them up...

Thanks guys! this helps me get to know how my grandpa's life was before i was born :)

Thanks guys! this helps me get to know how my grandpa's life was before i was born :)

No problem at all Toni :D welcome to the forum and here is to many more orders and medals that might join your collection :) and add to it :)

You are also in Canada :D hehehe so even better, more Canadian members ! hehehe :)