News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Nice combination!

Probably not identifiable since the White Falcon rolls are incomplete (IIRC, Rick and Daniel said a portion of the GSF3bX rolls were missing, including for a lot of natives of the Grand Duchy). There are no rolls for the Silesian Eagle.

Judging by the Sudeten medal but no Wehrmacht long service, possible a reserve officer.

Also, he got the precedence wrong, as the Silesian Eagle ranked after the Honor Cross for Combatants. I don't think this is unusual. Some veterans apparently treated the Silesian Eagle as a decoration so they thought it should rank ahead of a service medal.

Probably not identifiable since the White Falcon rolls are incomplete (IIRC, Rick and Daniel said a portion of the GSF3bX rolls were missing, including for a lot of natives of the Grand Duchy). There are no rolls for the Silesian Eagle.

Would be cool if a name could be found in the remaining portion of the rolls... Are the missing parts of the rolls floating around somewhere or are they really lost?

I was looking thru the threads concerning the White Falcon order.... and, well this might be a long shot, but what about the guy in post 60 of this thread:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/14487-order-of-the-white-falcon/page-3?hl=+white%20+falcon

Off course there still remains the question of the uniqueness of the combination...

The officer in post #60 has a Luftwaffe DA. There is a tiny chance it could be his, but that would take a very specific set of circumstances.

As far as anyone knows, the rest of the 2nd Class rolls are lost, though perhaps someday someone will find a box in the cellar of a castle somewhere where the rolls were sent for safekeeping during World War II. Besides what was published, I have managed to find another 100 or so names from other sources such as Wehrmacht personnel files.

I can't say whether the ribbon bar is unique, but it is certainly a rare combination. There was no natural connection between Saxe-Weimar and Silesia. So he could have been a citizen of the Grand Duchy, but living in Silesia and serving in a local unit through and after the war. Or he could have been in a Thuringian regiment, IR 94 or another with a Saxe-Weimar connection, and just ended up in Silesia after the war.