News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_05_2014/post-10499-0-44476700-1401370534.jpghi guys ,can anyone help withhttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_05_2014/post-10499-0-07438400-1401370513.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_05_2014/post-10499-0-45738900-1401370522.jpg id please

I agree with the 15th (could we have a first name - much friendlier ) - certainly looks genuine and has the twin

bands on the peak. The brocade around the cap also looks right. I would suspect - without Provenance for

person or command - around 200 pounds , but probably more if at auction. Mervyn

I agree with the 15th (could we have a first name - much friendlier ) - certainly looks genuine and has the twin

bands on the peak. The brocade around the cap also looks right. I would suspect - without Provenance for

person or command - around 200 pounds , but probably more if at auction. Mervyn

Apologies, my first name is Bob.

Bob - I am assuming that your Forum name stands for 15th Pennsylvania Cavalry - my apologies if I have that wrong.

If I am right - who were they - what period - do they still exist - where did they serve - and if they are in existance ,

did you serve with them. This could be a very interesting post. Best wishes Mervyn

Bob - I am assuming that your Forum name stands for 15th Pennsylvania Cavalry - my apologies if I have that wrong.

If I am right - who were they - what period - do they still exist - where did they serve - and if they are in existance ,

did you serve with them. This could be a very interesting post. Best wishes Mervyn

It's in honor of my great-great grandfather, who served in the 15th Pennsylvania Cavalry during the Civil War. The regiment ceaed to exist after the war, like virtually all war raised units.

The regiment served in the Western Theatre of the war, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, South & North Carolina. Not the more glamorous Eastern Theatre, in the Army of the Potomac vs. Robert E. Lee and the Army of Northern Virginia.

I also have a great-great uncle who was an officer in the 105th Pennsylvania Infantry , who did serve in the Army of the Potomac, at Gettysburg, and many other battles.

Many of these Civil War units have had their legacies carried on by various National Guard units that still exist today, but not by any Regular Army units.

My great-great grandfather lived until 1924. Thanks for your interest.

Bob

• 4 months later...