News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

IMPERIAL RUSSIAN ORDER OF THE WHITE EAGLE, OPINION?

Alpha Draconis

Hello Gents

Please help to determine the authenticity of this White Eagle order badge without an upper part with crown!

I want to sell this badge, so please help me determine its real value! It has a minor enamel damage on white eagle chest, and has one claw reattached, otherwise in splendid condition! Has 5 marks, one on white eagle claw, two on red cross balls, and two on black two headed eagle claw, 56 and ED....( I can't reed other letters), probably EDUARD...

Thanks in advance

Joseph AD

Joseph,

I can see no obvious problem with the piece as to authenticity, It looks like an Eduard piece, the name would be on the lacking suspension ring, with the scroll and ring lacking it would be a major and probably quite expensive restoration job. I hope you didn't pay too much for it.

All the best,

PAul

Hello Paul

Thanks for the info! Yes, the Eduard mark should be on suspension part, but there is faint Eduard(I think) mark next to 56 mark..

I want to sell this badge, not to complete it; what do you suggest, what is the best way to sell it, and how much is it worth? Auction, British? Russian?, maybe e-bay? I never had Imperial Russian order of the White Eagle, and I know they are pretty costly for a mere mortal!

As for the cost I payed, don't worry, I got it for a bargain! :)

I forgot to put the measurements of the badge! Height 68mm, width 60mm, weight 73,35g

Have a nice day!

Joseph

Joseph

The mark to the left of the Kokoshnik and 56 in the alpha mark denoting that it is from St. Petersburg rather than any part of the Eduard mark. Given that it is 1908-17 mark Eduard was the only official maker for Order for that period. I will PM you concerning your other enquiries.

Paul

Hehehe, yes Rogi my friend, this was the catch of the decade!!!

I wont tell other members how much I payed for this treasure, cause I don't want to increase a suicidal rate among us :)

Just joking, of course!! ;D

Keep on collecting!!

ps. if anyone has an offer, or any question, please PM me, this is not a selling forum!

Best regards

Joseph

• 3 weeks later...

Hm, Mr. Karakas maybe don't like partial badges!

As for the price I have asked numerous experts, and got a price range from 18k to 28k $, but as our respected colleague Paul said, you never know on the auction if two or more enthusiast bidders "collide" the price can go even higher!

Best Regards

Joseph