News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help with Tapferkeitsmedaille ribbon

lew

This is a bronze Tapferkeitsmedaille if not mistaken, but I don't recognize the ribbon on it. I have seen this medal on ordinary ribbon in red/white, also on blue/yellow ribbons similar to crown orders, but never with this purple/green ribbon, is it a particular variant for special case or just a mistake? if so does anyone recognize what is this purple/green ribbon for?

The ribbon seems a tri fold and having the hook like the Austro-Hungarian mounting style.

Edited by lew

Hi Iver, this medal is not mine but you can see the extra large photos here.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Tapferkeitsmedaille-WW1-/111363206252?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=zNQdLLif1HmCNIYlwQOA8EhiX5Y%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

The reason of asking is because of a medal bar I have consists an identical ribbon, but I have no idea what medal should be there and I wondered if it could be for a bravery medal once I saw above pictures on eBay.

Here is my medal bar.

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/62550-ribbon-id/

Edited by lew

The Tapferkeitsmedaille has its own ribbon only, that is white with two red stripes; within them, alternated, very thin white and red horizontal stripes.

The St. Stephen's ribbon visible in the pictures, looks like a modern one though...

E.L.

Edited by Elmar Lang