News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

German Mountain Troops footwear and Gamaschen...

Chris,

Those are nice collectable WWII vintage boots. They are really different from a WWI issue boot. The main difference is the leather finish and the pattern of the assembly.

Chip

Chris,

Those are nice collectable WWII vintage boots. They are really different from a WWI issue boot. The main difference is the leather finish and the pattern of the assembly.

Chip

Hi,

thats what I suspected... but for display they will have to do :-)

uumm depends Chip I received an item from a good friend in Germany. he recognised my interest in Imperial German and sent me an item from his uncles family that had been with them since the first war.

Maybe he didn't think it so important and didn't include the soldier info in a note, its unfortunate but I don't feel like making a big deal over it so it ends with me. btw had me thinking last night those leg socks were all the rage in the 70's my girlfriend had a pair, my mother saw them and made a pair to help her arthritis from one of me old sweaters lol! the old dear.

Has anyone a pair of those thick ersatz EM issue inked stamped jobs mine were stamped and dated 1917 blimey they must have been 8 feet long plus made from that wonderful weaved paper cloth, dealer said they were rare at the time I thought it dealer blah blah and let them go later, I've spent the last 14yrs regretting it.

They were straight Chip so no 'L' 'R' and tied with thin white cotton tape.

Cheers

Hoss,

If you are speaking of the papercloth puttees, I have a pair. Many years ago at a show a guy had one sitting on his table. He told me it was a belly warmer! I asked if he had any more and he told me he had another just like it at home. Sure enough he sent it to me later and they were a matched pair. Funny....

Chip

Hi,

I am not sure what bayonet.

I tell you, I have never really been interested in Gamaschen and stuff, but just won an auction today that makes me the owner of a total of three pairs... is that the start of the sideline? I begin to really like them!!!

I've got three pair. One commercial, one field made from the bottom 4" of an overcoat and an issue navy canvas pair. Always wanted a "Mars" or "Hindenburg" or any of the other period labelled pair, but never had the money at the right time.

Chip