News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello.

Here are a few items just added to my collection.

Letter to father of Johannes Mueller by commander of M.G.Scharfschuetzen Abteilung 4 in which he is asked to forward the enclosed Iron Cross II. class and document because present address is unknown to the unit. The father is requested to acknowledge receipt by return mail.

The group picture has an inscription in back which says" My brother Hans ( short for Johannes) in the first World War". A date of December 1917 with locale of Altkirch-Walheim Haugnest are given. The fellow with x-mark must be the one.

They look business like.

Bernhard H. Holst

Hello Bernhard!

MG-Ss-Abtl. 4 was set-up oct.,1st.1916 by AOK 4 under command of the 4th army It constisted of MG-Ss-Trupps 33, 36, 38.

Hello Andy.

Thank you for the information.

The E.K. document states that he belonged to the 3rd Company. Was a company then part of a Trupp? It always seemed to me that a trupp was smaller than a company.

Can you enlighten me?

Bernhard H. Holst

Hello Bernhard!

I read 2nd comp., but , anyway the infos that I have is, that those Trupps were treated like companies, so the "2nd company" is right and wrong...

We´ve seen, that the Trupps were the Trupps 33, 38 and 36. , so the 2nd company should be Trupp 38.

Maybe one wrote "company", because those three Trupps did wear the shoulder-strap-buttons and the Troddeln of 1.-3. company (since august 1916).

So, Johannes Müller should have had a shoulder-strap with a "4", shoulder-straps-buttons with a "2", and Troddeln of the 2nd comp.

Hello Bernhard!

I read 2nd comp., but , anyway the infos that I have is, that those Trupps were treated like companies, so the "2nd company" is right and wrong...

We´ve seen, that the Trupps were the Trupps 33, 38 and 36. , so the 2nd company should be Trupp 38.

Maybe one wrote "company", because those three Trupps did wear the shoulder-strap-buttons and the Troddeln of 1.-3. company (since august 1916).

So, Johannes Müller should have had a shoulder-strap with a "4", shoulder-straps-buttons with a "2", and Troddeln of the 2nd comp.

Hello Andy.

You are right re. company number is indeed 2.

Thanks for the further information.

Bernhard H. Holst

Edited by Bernhard H.Holst