News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Fuhrparkkolonne Nr. 704 and Fussartillerie Bataillon 121

Dear All,

I am researching one of my documents and I wonder if anyone would be able to tell anything more about Fuhrparkkolonne NR 704 and Fussartillerie Bataillon 121.

I know that FA bataillon 121 will be difficult to describe, but maybe this Fuhrpark will be easier.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Marcin

Hello Marcin!

The Fuhrparkkolonnen had numerical unit numbers. There were 236 divisional Fuhrparkolonnen, and I don´t have a list, to which division they belong...

The Fußart.Btl.121 was under command of 222.Inf.Div., and later of the 4th army.

It was set-up in 1918 by the Fußart.Rgt.Nr.9.

and armed with:
    1. and 2. comp.: lange, schwere Feldhaubitze M13

3. comp.: 10cm canon M14

Chris B's site, Kaiserscross - The Soldier's Burden, has a very good explanation of the supply units, including, Fuhrpark-Kolonnen.

I found the following in the "Histories of 251 Divisions of the German Army Which Participated in the War (1914-1918)" compiled by the US General Staff Intelligence Section...

704 M.T. Col. was with the 3rd Reserve Division in 1917 and 1918.

I presume "M.T. Col." is the English abbrev. for "Motor Transport Column" - the likely English translation of Fuhrpark-Kolonne. "251 Divisions" does not list any M.T. Col's with divisions prior to 1917.

Edited by IrishGunner

Chris B's site, Kaiserscross - The Soldier's Burden, has a very good explanation of the supply units, including, Fuhrpark-Kolonnen.

I found the following in the "Histories of 251 Divisions of the German Army Which Participated in the War (1914-1918)" compiled by the US General Staff Intelligence Section...

704 M.T. Col. was with the 3rd Reserve Division in 1917 and 1918.

I presume "M.T. Col." is the English abbrev. for "Motor Transport Column" - the likely English translation of Fuhrpark-Kolonne. "251 Divisions" does not list any M.T. Col's with divisions prior to 1917.

Hello IG!

How did you find the 704 M.T.??????? Do you have an idex of all units????? Or did you check each single page? I´d pay a fifth of Jack for a complete index of that book!

Nice the word "abbrev. ". A nice maxim... "The abbrev. for abbrev. is abbrev." :cheeky:

Edited by The Prussian

Andy, I do not have an index for 251 Divisions. Although, I did start one for artillery units. I didn't get very far before being distracted. :unsure:

I was bored the other night and decided to go page by page through my e-file version of 251 Divisions (doesn't take long when you can click, click, click). Of course, since it was in the 3. Res. Div., it didn't take long. :whistle:

Hi IG!

Like me, mate! I tried to start a list a too, but after two days my eyes burnt and I lost the overview...

We should put together a couple of guys and each makes an index of one branch of service.

Normally you have seven branches in the book. There are 251 divisions. Maybe one need 14 persons. (one could divide the divisions in two parts.) So a completly index would be done in a few weeks

• 2 weeks later...