News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

K.-G. Klietmann and Anneliese Paetzold

This is one of those questions where there is no particularly good areaof the Forum to post this question. Does anyone have the dates when Klietmann and his wife Anna died and possibly obits ?

Thanks if anyone is able to help on this...

Les

Les,

Dr. phil. Kurt-Gerhard Klietmann died on the 14th of October 1990. He had studied archaology, nusmismatics and ancient history at the university of Berlin. He was severely wounded in WW2 and rendered unfit for further service. He then had the opportunity to study at the Potsdam War Archives before they were destroyed.

Regards

Glenn

Les,

Dr. phil. Kurt-Gerhard Klietmann died on the 14th of October 1990. He had studied archaology, nusmismatics and ancient history at the university of Berlin. He was severely wounded in WW2 and rendered unfit for further service. He then had the opportunity to study at the Potsdam War Archives before they were destroyed.

Regards

Glenn

Glenn,

Thanks for the date. I found a very short bio on him that mentioned he was born 12 December 1910 and although it said he died, didn't say when.

Didn't he "clerk" at the Ordenschancellory after he was getting back on his feet after being released from service? I'd heard that was one of his claims for expertise with what went through the chancellory during the war, and what he saw, read, handled at that time was partly based on is working there.

Part of my asking when he and Anna died, is because I've always wondered what happened to the dies he and his wife supposedly acquired from the final liquidation of the Godet firm's assests to the company owned by K's wife. Although Kleitmann and his wife didn't die all that long ago, no one seems to have any knowledge of what happened to the "Godet dies" the firm is said to have acquired. I seriously doubt that they went into the nearest scrap metal recycling bin, or are being used as paperweights on someone's desk. If the Godet dies did indeed survive the firm being bombed in 1944, and the dies are "around" there are all sorts of possibilities inherent to their being somewhere out there.

On a tangent, there's the issue of what happened to dies made and used by other firms...such as Wagner, Friedlaender, Meybauer, and others that lasted through to the end of WWII.

I'm curious whether German laws would permit someone to enquire how the Kleitmann-Paetzold estate was probated, and any assets sold/disbursed, and if there are extant records that might indicate if anyone bought dies, tooling, or other materials from their estate(s).

Les