News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Golden Kite Pension Notification Documents

History_Geek

I have a question which may not have an easy answer.  The date of issue for a Golden Kite Pension Notification Document, is that the same (generally) date as the issuance of the order or can that date be much later than the actual awarding of the Golden Kite.

I have an example document from RC's site.  The pension document is near the top of the page, it is green.     http://www.imperialjapanmedalsandbadges.com/documents4.html

This one is from 1927.  So, the person either earned this for combat during the Tientsin Incident (making it rare) or it came from a Golden Kite given in a previous war (WWI, RJ, etc.) or we just can not know.

Any thoughts.  Thanks!

I see our colleagues are full of interest and zeal :lol:

Typical ...

This one is from 1927.  So, the person either earned this for combat during the Tientsin Incident (making it rare) or it came from a Golden Kite given in a previous war (WWI, RJ, etc.) or we just can not know.

Tientsin?

Naaaa

I don't think so.

Most likely we are talking about 5th class golden kite award from 1906.

If I remember correctly they changed the size of the pension somewhere in the 1926 from 100 to 150 yen.