News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Yugoslavia- Order of the War Banner

Was searching the bay and stumbled onto this Order of the War Banner, box, doc all the bells and whistles, this is not intended as an advertisement just a legitimatcy query and to stir up a bit of convo. as these pieces don't appear on the market frequently.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yugoslavia-Order-of-the-War-Banner-Orden-ratne-zastave-box-ribbon-document-/181758932717?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a51ad36ed

(is this link isn't allowed, just search Yugoslavian Order of the War Banner on the bay.

Since I need to win the lotto to afford such a piece (it may happen today, I have a 1 in a couple billion chance lol) I was wondering, legit piece or not?

What does the community think on this piece?

It looks good to me, almost like a piece used as guide on the internet, but only some small concerns

1. the Price is too high for a synthetic stone version, and not having determined the stone's quality is worrying, you are selling a very expensive piece not to have this tested or established.

2. Listed as "no hallmarks" but in the reverse photo it appears to be hallmarks on this piece.

3. There appears to be white out on the document, a pm to the seller may clear things up (ie just scratching out the name etc. on Paint Program)

4. Replacement needle, aren't these supposed to be in gold?

What does the community think ? :)

Edited by Rogi

I hope you won the lottery since you wrote the last time :D

The order looks OK to me, really I can't see anything wrong with it.

As for the price, last War Banner I saw on ebay (2013) was sold for about the same amount. Unfortunately I don't remember if the stones were genuine but I doubt it. Only the order was on sale, so no box and no document.

I think that it's not likely that the stones on the one from ebay are real.

There are definitely hallmarks on the back side. 

I think that everything's OK with the document and that it was just "photoshopped". If the seller left the year visible we could probably check who was the recipient.

About the silver needle, that also looks good to me, I saw same thing on many other examples. Actually on all orders I have images of needle looks the same.

I think I know what's the story behind strange description.

I was just checking to see what was the price one more War Banner achieved on that famous HD Rauch auction couple of years ago.

When I finally found it, translated the text from German to English and noticed that the translation of the description on HDRauch is the same as the description on ebay.

Check it out: http://www.sixbid.com/browse.html?auction=304&category=4558&lot=240251

HDR

One of the highest military decorations in communist Yugoslavia. Order of the Yugoslav 
    Flag with Silver Star was founded on January 1, 1952, awarded to senior officers who showed outstanding bravery, self-sacrifice and Commanding abilities. In practice, 
    this order was awarded for high military commanders during the war, at least the 

commanded a division and have remained after the war in the Yugoslav Army. There are two models of this order, the first model is seen more as a prototype. The second model is made ​​of gold, silver, diamonds and rubies, and has no hallmark, who later models, IKOM 'hallmark. Awards to 31 December 1985:. 205 piece (D) Order ratne zastave . . 2 Model, 2.Type (without hallmarking), breast star, gold, worked hollow, silver, partly. Enamelled, "a jour" busy with numerous diamonds and rubies, to silver needle, in the original, slightly damaged, red presentation case with gold-colored label. Order: I- stones not verified. RRbestowal: II

EBAY

"Order ratne zastave",2. Model, 2.Type (without hallmarking), breast star, gold, worked hollow, silver, partly. Emailliert, "a jour"  with numerous diamonds and rubies on silver needle, in the original, red presentation case with document.

Stones not checked.

One of the highest military medal in communist Yugoslavia. Order of the Yugoslav
    Flag with Silver Star was founded on 1 January 1952, awarded to senior officers who showed outstanding bravery, self-sacrifice and Commanding abilities. In practice
    this Order for High military commander was given, at least during the war
    a division commanded and have remained after the war in the Yugoslav army.