News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unidentified Set of Ribbons - Help ID!

All:

I just picked up these ribbons in the collection I bought This should be a pretty easy set to find the owner of, as he had both the Suvorov 1st and two Kutuzov 1st. I'm guessing that he probably was an HSU as well, and was probably a General Lieutenant at the end of the War (or higher). I think this might be a fun excercise to find out who the original owner of these were!

Fire away!

Dave

Guest Rick Research

Hmmm, 1975-78 to a 1918 veteran... 80-something...

was it Brezhnev's daddy? :cheeky:

Off the top of my head (getting better at remembering these) the foreign ones are

6th row last = Mongolian Sukhbator Order

7th row = Mongolian "Combat" Red Banner, Mongolian "Combat Valor" (I'd say MMO), Polish Polonia restituta

8th row = Polish Virtuti Militaria, Polish Gr?newald Cross, and a DDR wuzzit

9th row = Polish Cross of Valor, I'm confused close but not the same, Bulgarian wuzzit

10th row = Czech WW2 War Cross, Czech wuzzit, Bulgarian 1964 armed forces jubilee

11th row = Polish Oder, neisse, Baltic Medal, Polish Victory and Freedom Medal, Chinese Sino-Soviet Friendship Medal

12th row = DDR Brotherhood in Arms 2nd Class, Mongolian 1969 Khalkin Gol jubilee, Mongolian 1971 armed forces jubilee

I know, I know, I should know the others. I've GOT a painted plastic sheet of the Czech wuzzit in row 10....

these just off the top of my head looking at 'em.