News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Meet Oberst i.G. Wilhelm Arendts

Dear forumites,

I'd like to present to you my latest acquisitions; it's a group of ribbon bars and a Iron Cross 1st class which belonged to the Oberst Wilhelm Arendts (* 6. Februar 1883; † 23. März 1958), Schatzmeister ind Mitglied des Präsidiums der Akademie für Deutsches Recht. Unfortunately I wasn't lucky enough to get also all the documents:

Dokumentennachlass (and curriculum vitae): 
    • Besitzzeugnis Prinz Luitpold Jubiläumsmedaille 1905,
    • 3 versch. Urkunden zum Eisernen Kreuz 2. Klasse 1914,
    • Militär-Verdienstorden 4. Klasse mit Schwertern, Doppelblatt 1915, mit Erklärung über die Rückgabepflicht,
    • Patent zum Hauptmann 1915, Doppelblatt mit original Unterschrift König Ludwig III.,
    • vorläufiges Besitzzeugnis zum EK 1 1916,
    • Militär-Verdienstorden 4. Klasse mit der Krone und Schwertern 1917,
    • Österreich Militär-Verdienstkreuz mit der Kriegsdekoration III. Klasse 1918, mit dazugehörigen Statuten (das Deckblatt fehlt),
    • Urkunde und Antrag zum Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz 1919,
    • Durchschrift zum Antrag der Hochzeitsmedaille in Eisen 1924,
    • Besitz-Zeugnis zum Prinz Alfons-Erinnerungsabzeichen 1931 mit Übersendungsschreiben,
    • Urkunde zum Großoffizierskreuz des Ordens der Krone von Italien 1937, mit Begleitschreiben
    • 1919 zur Disposition gestellt; zur Wehrmacht reaktiviert

I am looking for more information on his career, war state of service (in which unit did he serve?). Any help is most graciously appreciated! 

Enjoy the pictures!

ciao,

Claudio

P1020220.JPG

P1020221.JPG

P1020222.JPG

P1020195.JPG

P1020193.JPG

Another question; is it possible to find out which class of the Olympia-Ehrenzeichen did he wear? It must have been either the medal or the 2nd class, because in the lot there was a ribbon being pulled off of his original medal bar...

Edited by Claudio