News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1914 Trio Coldstream Guards

I am  just  back  from  a  visit  to  the  Chemin  Des  Dames researching  a  French  Captain  from  18 RI. However,whilst  there  I  got  fascinated at  the  actions of  13th  September  1914 by the  BEF so  thought  I would  get  myself  a  trio  to  the  Guards.

Attached  is  a  1914  Trio  awarded  to  Corporal Frank Bradley  Coldstream  Guards. He landed in  France  12/8/14 so  must  have  been  on  the  Aisne in  September 1914. I  am  hoping this  does not  become  another obsession,  but  I`m not  confient on that  point

Jim

DSCF5810.jpg

DSCF5808.jpg

DSCF5809.jpg

DSCF5812.jpg

DSCF5811.jpg

Lovely group, he served in the 2nd Battalion,   Frank according to the medal roll was acting Sgt, he enlisted 21 Jan 1909 transferred to the reserve 1913, mobilized 1914 and discharged 7 March 1919 as an acting Sgt, he was also issued the silver wound badge for a gun shot wound to the head and shoulder he got on the 1st November 1914. (at this point the battalion was down to 150 men led by the QM), 

He was 18 when he enlisted and was born in 1891 in Nottingham (he married in 1912) he served in France from the time he arrived until 8 December 1914, he stayed in the UK for the duration of the war, he trained as a (1st class) signaler