News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Nice Luftwaffe decorated flyer

Bernhard

I'm not at home right now.   He was KIA in 44. I have a town and his name but not with me. I will  post up the details when I get back.

Hello Jock.

Thanks for your response. I thought you would be on the job. Am looking forward to your next post on this officer ( seemingly flying transport, a used and much abused branch)

BTW: just read in "Der Spiegel" two 500 lbs duds found in Berlin and Koblenz. I understand you are not dabbling in these high-stakes operations to make them safe but I believe there is sufficient  "lighter" stuff around to keep you on the payroll.

Stay safe!

Bernhard H. Holst

Great photo. It looks like he has a set of Bulgarian aviation wings just above his EK I & Luftwaffe badge. 

Can only agree with Bernhard with regards to the transport units - and from a collecting viewpoint they are very under-rated.

Hello Jock and Kevin.

Thank you both.

i noticed that the photo shows this fellow as  Oberleutnant while the Volksbund lists his rank as Feldwebel.

In any case I could not locate a recipient of a German Cross i.Gold recipient by that name.

Possibly Honor Goblet and/or Honor Roll recipient.

Bernhard H. Holst