News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medal Collection

You mean the two one in separate photo's?

Looks like a group of a career officer who started in WW1 (as NCO, an officer to be first went through the ranks as part of his education). That explains the lower ranks medals from WW1. Seems he saw no active frontservice in WW2 though. If you give his name/location of birth/year of birth I can look him up.

In the two seperate photo's are:

Hungarian medal for long service (officers) 2nd class for 30 years of service

And the Hungarian military variation (ribbon) of the Merit Medal in Bronze (also called signum laudis)

Regrds, Erik

The names of the medals on the big picture (Hungarian names):

1. Erdélyi Emlékérem, 2. Magyar Háborús Emlékérem karddal és sisakkal, 3. Signum Laudis (Horthy-era, peacetime ribbon)

4. Sebesültek Érme egy sebesülési sávval, 5. Nagyezüst Vitézségi Érem, 6. Kisezüst Vitézségi Érem, 7. Signum Laudis, hadiszalagon, kardokkal (WWI)

8. II. osztályú Tisztviselői Szolgálati Jel, 9. Károly Csapatkereszt, 10. Katonai Érdemkereszt III. osztálya, hadiszalagon kardokkal, 11. Nemzetvédelmi Kereszt.

The correct order: 10, 7, 3, 5, 6, 9, 4, 11, 2, 8, 1

I agree with Erik, but the long service medal is not for officers but military officials. Much rarer version.

He started as line officer, later became a military official. 

Thats amazing. Thank you both very much. His name was Kásás Árpád, my great-grandfather. He originated from Elõpatak, but I don't know what year he was born. I never met him, but I was very close to my granddad who passed these on to me. The only medal missing from his full set is unfortunately his vitez. I have a photo of him in full uniform, with all the medals. I will try and find it to post. Will also try and find out more on the dates. Cheers.

Vitéz Kásás Árpád was born in 1896.02.21. His mother's name was Molnár Ágnes. His highest rank was paymaster director (equivalent to Lt. Colonel).

He joined to the Vitéz Order in 1928. 

The Hungarian Military Archives have a file about him. The reference number of the file is 1896/1105.

The homepage of the Archives (Hungarian only):

http://militaria.hu/adatb/leveltariuj/

Edited by Markgraf

22 hours ago, Markgraf said:

I agree with Erik, but the long service medal is not for officers but military officials. Much rarer version. He started as line officer, later became a military official. 

Very good! I missed that. The only difference is the ribbon?

Regards, Erik

Edited by erikscollectables

Erik: Yes, the only difference was the ribbon.

The different ribbons introduced in 1942.

Left to right: combatant officers and the enlisted, non-combatant officers (doctors, judges etc), military officials.

1920_k_sz_06.jpg

The long service medal for military officials is rarer. The forgers like it...

Edited by Markgraf

• 2 years later...