News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mystery Air Force Uniform

Hallo Gentlemen, :beer:

while at a Collectors fair in the Western Romanian town of Timisoara yesterday Saturday 18th March, I came across what I believe to be an early example of a Russian aviator / pilots uniform.

It consist of a jacket and cavalry style pants. The material is of a very coarse weave, the buttons are plain brass, and the sleeve's have very thin blue cord lines near the cuffs, The pocket flaps had been pushed inside the pockets hence the crumpled look. Their might have been small brass buttons on the sleves but have been removed but I know the seller brass buttons on the table that I believe came from this jacket

The inner waistband of the trousers is a of white coarse woven band of material, there are two pockets in the trouser sides (shown with a triangle stitch pattern in the picture) it is in remarkably good condition. but tthe oblects had been rolled into a ball and stuffed in a bag by the seller.

The seller did insist it was German, but I am sure its Russian, while outside my area of expertise I didnt buy it there and then, the good news is next Saturday the 25th March it will be at the Collectors fair in Deva, my home town, and if anybody is interested in obtaining it please contact me asap. :cheeky:

Please look at the photos I apologise for the poor lighting, the room was very dark; If I reduce the pictures the detail is lost so if the moderater wants to move it to a new thread its ok by me.

Kev in Deva

Edited by Kev in Deva

More Uniform pictures, close up of the inner collar area the thread runs in a multipule semi circular pattern, also the hanging tape in the collar, no markings were discovered on the jacket, although their is a place for eppulates to have been worn.

Kev in Deva.

Inside jacket, colour variation caused by highlighting the photo because of the dark, the material might be of a better quality than the pants, again I am not sure as military clothing is not my interest.

Edited by Kev in Deva

Inside jacket, colour variation caused by highlighting the photo because of the dark, the material might be of a better quality than the pants, again I am not sure as military clothing is not my interest.

This shows the stiching detail around the trouser pocket.

Kev in Deva.

This shows the stiching detail around the trouser pocket.

Kev in Deva.

The bottom of the pants legs which would have been tucked into officer style high boots, on the right side is a hole but it looks like a purpose Tailor made hole with reinforcing stitching. Possibly to stop the trouser pulling out of the boot?? I believe the opposite leg is similar in design.

If anyone can add to the description I appriciate it, and remember if your intrested they are available so please PM me or email.

Kev in Deva,

By the way I have a Russian 1970s Pilots jacket, pants, and overcoat and unworn boots stored in my garage, which I obtained in Germany, thats what gave me the idea this one is Russian design. :cheers:

UPDATE: Thanks Rick, sorry if I spoilt your thread, and thanks for the Information with regards the items..so maybe Bulgarian, Hungarian, or even Romanian, the material is certainly WW2 ish or very early post WW2. If they are of interest to anybody contact me, otherwise some farmer or gypsy will be wearing them this summer, uniform clothing regardless of age is rarely found due to the fondness of recycling material here. :-( thats why so much WW1 and WW2 clothing is so hard to find.)

Edited by Kev in Deva

Guest Rick Research

That is NOT Soviet, Kev. Hungarian? Bulgarian? Something local, but stripped of insignia, undatable from the little that I know. The "coarseness" etc suggests an enlisted ranks uniform, but whether 1930s or 1960s I couldn't guess.

• 2 years later...