News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Back in the mid 1960s, when I was a teen, I used to save up some money by doing neighborhood lawn mowing jobs, then

send away for various Nazi medals from KEN LANE, who operated out of Austria. I knew nothing about "restrikes" back then, and

I was just thrilled to get my hands on a "genuine" Iron Cross 1st and 2nd classes, and a Knights Cross!!! It wasn't until a decade later

that I learned about restrikes and fakes. I used to sell items for Ken...he'd send me a bunch of medals, I would sell some in the SHOTGUN NEWS classified...

or he would tell me to send this and that to a customer here, and as my reward, I got to keep a medal for my time and postage.

He is now deceased and I never knew  him personally. I heard rumors that he was a retired Colonel in the Army, and after WWII, decided to stay there.

In one of his medals catalog, he claimed that he single-handedly captured a Nazi depot, and that all his stuff came from this depot. It sounded great 

at the time. He certainly had a great sense of humor. Does anyone know when he passed away and where he is buried? A very interesting guy! I still have

some of his letters. He used the same old typewriter, and he is the only guy I ever knew who could write so much on a tiny piece of paper!

I still have his old catalog.  Grand Cross, $24. Knight's Cross, $12. With Oakleaves, $13.50. With Swords, $14.50. With With Sapphires, $78.

• 3 weeks later...