News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

general uniform

joaobr

HELLO,WHAT MODEL IS THIS UNIFORM? HE IS REAL OR FAKE? WHE HAS A STICKER OF A JAPANESE MANUFACTURER THAT ME SEEMS STRANGE, HOW TO EXPLAIN?

LINKS FOR IMAGES

http://mlb-d1-p.mlstatic.com/farda-general-americano-217201-MLB20300473679_052015-F.webp?square=false

http://mlb-d1-p.mlstatic.com/farda-general-americano-127201-MLB20300473345_052015-F.webp?square=false

general.png.39705f86e409e500354474df5647a07e.png

img15988518.JPG

Many officers procure uniforms from other than official sources.  If the uniforms meet specification there is absolutely nothing to be said.  Buying oversees can be a significant cost advantage to the buyer especially if currently assigned to that area.  Uniforms that do not meet specification are often purchased as well and worn at other than "formations".  The higher the rank the greater the impunity - not many around who can call out a major general.  Finally - in the Army at least - generals are authorized to design their own uniforms (in their spare time....) hence negating almost all objections that could be made.I've seen many examples or embroidered insignia applied directly to uniforms so that does not ring any alarms for me.

The direct answer to your question - looks a bit cheesy and the fading suggests "custom" made.  Doesn't mean it's a fake - just suggests a source other than the PX.

I have friends who served with the Canadian government and diplomatic corps in ASIA and a major perk of the job was the fact that one couild have suits and uniforms made in Hong Kong or Singepore - often over night - for 20-30% of what the would cost at home.  

Impossible to give a price for this, however, as it is so unusual.  You might check on ebay to get an idea of what US Army uniforms sell for in general but a real price is whatever the seller will accept!  Sorry that's not much help, I know.  If you're thinking of buying it, ask yourself what price will mean you are happy with t in a year and not regretting the money you spent.

• 5 months later...

The coat is a US Air Force summer-weight material known as tropical worsted. The coat wold have been worn with matching trousers and has the dull aluminum buttons, pocket flaps and notched lapels common to the Air Force. The officer must have had a career that had little or no enemy contact, except for four specific battles during the Korean War of 1950-53. Even then, there are no ribbons for the Distinguished Flying Cross or Air Medal, that would have indicated a successful fighter or bomber pilot.  The Master Pilot's Wings would have been gained by flying the requisite number of hours. The four leading awards are for distinguished service in the Army Air Corps, including the Army Distinguished Service Medal, the Legion of Merit, the Bronze Star and the Army Commendation Medal. The major general would have discarded this coat upon promotion or gaining any future awards, such as for service in Vietnam. Therefore, he may have retired in this rank. Usually, the tailor would have embroidered his name in the lining. If this was done, a google search would probably divulge his biography and service record, especially in a graves registry.