News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Newest ribbon bar, recent aquisition

When was that book published incidentally. Its a minefield working out all those editions! LOL. Who is the gauleiter in the photo, because for some reason I cannot place him, but it could be just because it is a painting. I feel sure there will be a caption in the book! If possible I would love a better scan just of that picture because I have not seen it before. PM me if you can send me one by email?

Regards

Matt Gibbs

• 5 months later...

Hey ho folks.

Just checking in with more info on this bar, I have the local history archive where this recipient was living looking for his photo with medal bar, one of them has seen it somewhere. He was a Kreisleiter and Gauinspektor and later a Landrat in Gau Westfalen. [Honorary SS leader as well] From his record as sent to me by them all the awards and the WW1 service check out. All his effects were sold through a German dealer including his unform, would have liked to see that. I have 3 nice photos of him, one with an older bar, which preceeds this and does not have all the awards on it!

Thanks also to 2 collectors who as Uk based, one as a member,here have seen this piece and were happy with it - all the emblems are untouched and there is no issues with blacklight.

Main thing about all this is all the info I have learned about researching the older party faithful! Very interesting stuff.

Kind regards and best wishes

Matt Gibbs