News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

There was a year or so 1934-35 of confusion where the old "states first" former Kingdoms put their WW1 combat awards before the EK, so that is not a problem.

What disturbs me about this is the combination--

an Albert Order Knight 2nd Class with Swords (SA3bX) as given to Leutnants and Oberleutnants, then a Saxon NCOs' XV Years Service Cross (which by any precedence should be last), THEN the Iron Cross, and finally HCX...

I cannot imagine any up through the ranks former career NCO type (and there were technical officers of that type with ordnance and explosives, as well as paymasters etc) who would have ended up with THIS amount of time in and ONLY the SA3bX to show for it. I would expect wartime awards while still an NCO.

It's possible, but would be QUITE an underachiever.

All together now, Chorus:

What does the back look like?

Chris, I do not feel good about this bar.

A) Even a Saxon would mount an EK2 in front of a Long Service Award

B) Rick's already noted time/awards recd. theory

C) Note that every single medal has a very different fold to it. The sign of an amateur mounting. The folds/wraps/bows should be much more consistent.