News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Find my Grandfather

My grandfather Robert Elwyn Micheal served in the Welsh Fusillers during WW2 but i can not find any reference to him he was a regular soldier. my grandkids want to march on ANZAC Day with my medals and i would like them to march with his too. any help would be appreciated

Gareth,

As you have found there are not a great many online records regarding WW2 service due to time limits imposed for the release of records.

I believe that as a direct descendant of your Grandfather you can apply for his Service Record via the MOD here in Britain and this will obviously carry a cost.

Try posting your enquiry on the British Medal Forum if you get no other replies, they should be able to assist.

Sorry can't be more helpful,

Simon

Try applying here https://www.gov.uk/get-copy-military-service-records/apply-for-someone-elses-records

You'll need to fill out a Request Form and a Search Form but if you don't have your grandfather's service number you might not get far. The search form does stipulate service number and/or date of birth must be included.

Another problem could be payment, when I applied for my grandfather's record I had to arranged for a relative in the UK to make payment for me as it had to be in Sterling.