News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

MALAYSIA JOHOR STATE CORONATION SULTAN IBRAHIM 23 MARCH 2015 MEDAL

heusy68

Hello Gentlemen,

In the southern State of Johor in Malaysia, Sultan Ibrahim if the ruler since 2010.

In 2015, for the first time in 55 years the decided to make  coronation ceremony.

To mark that event, a Commemorative Medal was awarded, in 3 Classes, bronze, silver & gold.

The medals were made by Royal Insignia in Singapore.

The medal is 36 millimeters in diameter, and 3 millimeters tick.

Weight : 34 grammes with its ribbon & suspension device (for the bronze medal)

The ribbon is 31 millimeters width : 7 millimeters blue; 3,5 millimeters white; 10 millimeters red; 3,5 millimeters white; 7 millimeters blue.

The case of issue is in sky blue leather, with an outer case for protection, with painted Cypher of Sultan Ibrahim.

Best regards to All.

Emmanuel

Malaysia Johor Sultan Coronation 2015 bronze obverse.jpg

Malaysia Johor Sultan Coronation 2015 bronze reverse.jpg

Malaysia Johor Sultan Coronation 2015 case of issue inside.jpg

Malaysia Johor Sultan Coronation 2015 case of issue outside.jpg

Malaysia Johor Sultan Coronation 2015 outer protective case.jpg

A photo of reverse suspension device

Malaysia Johor Sultan Coronation 2015 bronze manufacturer mark.jpg

Here is a link to the official coronation web site.

A new Order had been instituted and a series of 3 Medals (bronze, silver & gold ) for merit to the State of Johor, that do not requires the award of an Order.

http://kemahkotaan.johor.gov.my/darjah-kebesaran-2/darjah-kebesaran-baharu/?lang=en 

All who lives or have lived in Malaysia, or are interested in Malaysia ODM knows that Johor awards its Order & Medals much more sparingly than others States of the Federation of Malaysia.

Regards.

Emmanuel

This is the link in english to "current" or historic Johor Orders & Medals :

http://kemahkotaan.johor.gov.my/darjah-kebesaran-2/?lang=en 

And this is the link concerning the new Order and the series of 3 medals Pingat Sultan Ibrahim : PSI, respectively PSI (I), PSI (II), PSI (III) for gold, silver & bronze. Sadly this link is only in malay.

http://kemahkotaan.johor.gov.my/darjah-kebesaran-2/darjah-kebesaran-baharu/?lang=en

Regards.

Emmanuel

Edited by heusy68

There is also a movie by History Channel available on you tube (in 2 episode)

And the second episode (introduction is same kind of scenery, the Sultan on his bike, but it is Episode 2, believe me).

• 3 years later...

Hello Gentlemen,

I had heard about fake of the Sultan Ibrahim Coronation Medal 2015, without seeing one, but here it is. It's aFake 2nd Class !!! 

I do not know if 3rd Class Medal in bronze have been faked.

On original medals, the details are crisp.

I hope it could help you, not to buy, if ever these fakes comes up to ebay, or others plateform.

Regards to all.

Emmanuel

Malaysia Johor Coronation 2015 2nd Class FAKE MEDALJPG.JPG