Jump to content
News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

    Help with Prussian regimental markings


    Recommended Posts

    Greetings GMIC Members,

    I have recently acquired a Civil War imported musket, dated 1828, with the regimental markings of KFG.R on the buttplate and am having no luck whatsoever searching the internet for the meaning of the abbreviation. Upon reading about a similar mystery on the firearmsforum, a member had recommended posting the topic here, as it seems a great wealth of knowledge is retained by this site's members. I apologize if this thread is placed into the wrong area on this forum, and will gladly accept further recommendations, and will certainly be grateful of any light shed on this particular abbreviation. Many thanks in advance, Adam

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    If your musket is dated 1828 probably is a prussian 1809 musket converted from flint to percussion in 1828 .the letters KFG R could mean Kaiser Franz Grenadier Regiment , the name between 1814 and 1820 of the then Kaiser Franz Garde Grenadier Regiment Number 2

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
    • Create New...

    Important Information

    We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.