News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello all,
    Here's a photo of two DSWA veterans taken in Wien late 1930s. Can anyone tell me the Herero Veteran on the left's second medal with single Spange? I see he has DSWA medal with several clasps and WII centernary after it.
    Any help appreciated.
    Cheers
    Chris

7199_3262_0380_0043 wien medals2a800.jpg

7199_3262_0380_0043 wien medals only.jpg

Hi Chris,

I think it is the Kreuz Treue dem Regiment.

Kind regards
    Andreas

Yes indeed.  Great photo!  I wish we could the spange on the ribbon because it will have his unit. 

In the same way, it would be nice to read the three spange on the DSWA ribbon.   One is almost common.  Finding two is nice, but three is a real treat.

Thank you for your help Gentlemen. This photograph was taken in 1939, yet as I undertsand it such unofficial awards were banned from 1935 or was that not so strictly adhered to?

I guess I'm answering my own question at the same time as asking it...

" In the same way, it would be nice to read the three spange on the DSWA ribbon.   One is almost common.  Finding two is nice, but three is a real treat. "

But notice the other (perhaps officer) next to him has four clasps on his!!!!

Edited by Chris Dale