News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medaille der König-Karl-Jubiläums-Stiftung, Silber, 1. Form) 1893-1921

WURTTEMBERG. Medal of Recognition of the King Karl Jubilee Foundation, silver, 1st version (WÜRTTEMBERG. Annerkennungs-Medaille der König-Karl-Jubiläums-Stiftung, Silber, 1. Form) 1893-1921
    [DE340]
    Quantity Available: 0

pixel_trans.gif
    WURTTEMBERG.  Medal of Recognition of the King Karl Jubilee Foundation, silver, 1st version (WÜRTTEMBERG. Annerkennungs-Medaille der König-Karl-Jubiläums-Stiftung, Silber, 1. Form) 1893-1921
    Click to enlarge

Circular silver medal with loop for ribbon suspension; the face with the head of King Wilhelm II facing right, circumscribed ‘WILHELM II KOENIG VON WUERTTEMBERG, signed ‘K SCHWENZER’ (for Karl Schwenzer of Stuttgart); the reverse inscribed ‘FÜR LANGJÄHRIGE TREUE DIENST’ (For long and faithful service), circumscribed ‘KOENIG-KARL-JUBILAEUMS-STIFTUNG’ (King Karl’s Jubilee Foundation) above a wreath of oak; on original ribbon mounted for wear, with bronze rectangular buckle, an oval escutcheon centrally with the crowned cipher of King Wilhelm II. The Jubilee Foundation was created in 1891 on the occasion of the silver jubilee of King Karl with an endowment of 528,000 marks under the management of the Interior Ministry to improve the welfare of the rural needy and to support new small businesses and home industries. Two years later, in 1893, the medal was instituted to recognise long and faithful service in such enterprises. It is quite rare. A very good example.

Gentlemen,

What can you tell me about this award?  The text and pictures above, of the first type medal, is from a web site selling this particular medal.  I am dealing with another chap for the second issue of this medal that is different in numerous aspects.  Different suspension, reverse etc.  The second issue was apparently awarded from 1922 until 1934?  Before I complete the deal for the cased second issue I'd like to gather some more accurate information on this award.  Thanks in advance for your participation.

Regards,

Gordon

German_Karl_silver_stiftung_boxed__1.jpg

492649a729f135a078ac8a953a0b.thumb.jpg.dd22ed58f8a109f9990655c2ba5b27ee.jpg914501380_QQ20180927150340.png.1b6b6be5a04844b57cd62b3af1434476.png

This is the shop of my best friend. Obviously, he only sells five hundred yuan. I seem to be the seller of Albania from the picture quality of your picture. What can I help you with? In addition, there are indeed different loops, and I also have deep questions about this, such as:

43c7e31b04ed9261af0c6b1e4534.thumb.jpg.45e8c256dfe300ec07bd968e8fa24f36.jpg

fa8ce6268159500f8299c2c4feb4.thumb.jpg.48110d9421722087d266d9afb55b3b62.jpg

This is the 50th anniversary of the reign of Friedrich I of Baden-Württemberg in 1902. In my opinion, there are also different links. Here, I also ask the gentlemen who know this reason?:beer:

• 3 weeks later...

Gentlemen,

I have found the answer to my questions on ehrenzeichen-orden.de and I'l  post an online translation of what this site says about each medal.

The first form

Recognition Medal of the King Karl Jubiläumsstiftung 1893

This recognition medal was donated in 1893 by King William II donated. It was 2 years after the founding of the King Karl Jubilee Foundation, which was built on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the reign of King Charles. The aim of the foundation was to support farms, small businesses and home industries. Among other things, funds were provided for start-up entrepreneurs. The Recognition Medal was awarded to persons who have provided services for many years and successfully in the sense of the Foundation. The awards were made by the Home Office, which was empowered by the king. This award was further awarded after 1921 in a modified form. The punch cutter of the medal was Karl Schwenzer,

Round medal made of silver with raised edge. Above a soldered, ordinary eyelet with band ring. On the band a rectangular, hollow embossed bronze clasp. Behind a wide soldered metal strip for pulling the tape. On the metal strip a horizontal pin.

Front:

• The inscription on the margin: - WILHELM - II - KOENIG - VON - WUERTTEMBERG -.
    • In the middle, the right-looking portrait of King Wilhelm II.
    • Under the neck section small the punch cutter - K. SCHWENZER -.
    • The bronze clasp worked openwork, consists of a rectangular frame.
    • Centered on the frame an oval shield with small eyelets on top, bottom and sides.
    • In the recessed field, surrounded by a smooth edge, the crowned letter - W - increases.
    • Laterally, the frame is limited by roundish embellishments.
    • Above and below the frame is limited by ornaments in the form of a rope or rope.
    • Above the rope are hanging triangular decorations.

Back:

• In the upper 4/5 of the margin the inscription: - KOENIG (-) KARL (-) JUBILAEUMS (-) FOUNDATION -.
    • From below 2 crossed dense oak leaves branches half round to about the middle.
    • About it the 4-line writing: - FOR - / - LONGSTICKS - / - FAITH - / - SERVICES -.
    • On the clasp a horizontal pin. The band pulled through and sewn.
    Recognition Medal of the King Karl Jubiläumsstiftung 1893Obverse: Recognition Medal of the King Karl Jubiläumsstiftung 1893

Recognition Medal of the King Karl Jubilee Foundation 1893 backReverse: Recognition Medal of the King Karl Jubiläumsstiftung 1893

donated:
    1893 by King William II

Awarded:
    1893 - 1921

Dates:
    • Material: silver (medal), bronze (clasp)
    • Size: 26 mm medal, 18.5 x 36.8 mm clasp
    • Weight: 19.5 g

estimated collector price:
    100 - 110 € silver / bronze 
    110 - 130 € silver plated in tombac

OEK number:
    3022, 3022/1

The second form;

Medal of the King Karl Jubilee Foundation Freistaat Württemberg

This medal was donated on 2 November 1920 by the State Ministry of the Free State of Württemberg. After World War I and the formation of the Free State, the Constitution of the Foundation was changed. The purpose of the foundation remained basically the same. In addition to supporting and promoting agriculture, home industry and small businesses, a medal should continue to be given in a modified form. Workers and employees should be awarded after many years of loyal work in the same company. Workers in commercial enterprises could be awarded after 35 years and agricultural workers after 25 years of service. Civil servants and employees in private companies were excluded. Foreigners could also be awarded. The proposed maximum of 6 medals per year was obviously not respected. The medals were made of silver or silver-plated white metal. The size of the clasp also varies slightly.

Round medal made of silver with raised edge. Above a soldered, ordinary eyelet with band ring. On the band a rectangular, hollow embossed bronze clasp. Behind a wide soldered metal strip for pulling the tape. On the metal strip a horizontal pin.

Front:

• At the margin the inscription: - KOENIG - KARL - JUBILAEUMSSTIFTUNG -.
    • In the middle, the right-looking portrait of King Charles.
    • The bronze clasp worked openwork, consists of a rectangular frame.
    • The edge is bounded on the outside and inside by a narrow edge.
    • On it arranged oak leaves. Tied up crosswise at the top and bottom.
    • In the corners are decorated clips.

Back:

• At the edge a tight down crosswise tied oak leaf wreath.
    • In the enclosed field the 4-line font:
    • - FOR - / - LONG TERM - / - FAIR - / - SERVICES -.
    Medal of the King Karl Jubilee Foundation Freistaat WürttembergObverse: Medal of the King Karl Jubilee Foundation Freistaat Württemberg

Medal of the King Karl Jubilee Foundation Free State of Württemberg backBack: Medal of the King Karl Jubilee Foundation Freistaat Württemberg

donated:
    2 November 1920 by the State Ministry

Awarded:
    1921-1934

Dates:
    • Material: silver, bronze
    • Size: 26 mm medal, 17 x 36.5 mm clasp
    • Weight: approx. 18 g

estimated collector price:
    50 - 60 € in bronze 
    40 - 50 € silver plated

OEK number: