News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

is there anyone out there who can give me informations on the

First class cross of Mecklenburg-Strelitz "F?r Tapferkeit" , "1914" , cross with needle and 2 hooks, made of silver, OEK N?1414, awarded 1915-17

and maybe of it`s evil twin too: OEK N?1414/1 : awarded 1917-18 , made of cheaper material

What interests me is the number of awards given, I know it can`t be a lot.... and maybe some info on the value. Problem here is that in OEK is only given a "*" what means as much as "collectors price".... maybe someone has results from auctions...

thanks in advance

Heiko

David, thanks for the thread... there is one in that I am really talking about: the "cadillac" ;) the silver Godet one with the 2 hooks - that`s the one I need the information for. You are talking about 400 - is this the total of all types? I have heard something like 27 ones of the OEK1414....

Heiko,

As far as I am aware, the figure of just over 400 refers to the total number of 1st class crosses awarded.

Someone with a copy of the Ohm-Hieronymussen book will be able to tell you for sure how many of each type were actually awarded.

David