News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unusual document for the enthronement of Emperor Taisho ... what is it?

PATOUT

Hi all,

I know well as all of you the document (diploma) given with the coronation medal of Emperor Taisho but I did not know this kind of document in "hanging scroll".

It seems to me that this document is nominative, can you confirm that ?, and tell me to whom it was assigned to ?

Can you tell me in the main lines what the text says under the photocopy of the diploma and inside the small frame at the bottom of the document?

Could each recipient of the enthronement medal claim to receive this type of document ??

or is it a personal purchase from the recipient? ................or is this a special distinction or recognition on the part of the Emperor?

Thank you for your kind assistance.
    Patout

taisho 2.jpg

taisho 3.jpg

taisho 5.jpg

taisho 4.jpg

taisho 7.jpg

taisho 8.jpg

taisho 9.jpg

taisho 14.jpg

taisho 13.jpg

陸軍步兵少尉 - infantry  second lieutenant

浦井長支 - Urai Nagao

///

當家六代目 - 6th generation of the home (family?)

///

"Could  each recipient of the enthronement medal claim to  receive this type of document"

No, I don`t think so.

Best,

Nick

Edited by JapanX

Hi Nick,

Thanks again for his invaluable help.

It seems to me that this document is quite rare? What do you think about that ?

History_Geek :

Hi,

the dimensions of this document are 185.5 x 53.5 (in cm)
    Regards

1 hour ago, PATOUT said:

It seems to me that this document is quite rare? What do you think about that ?

This is not the actual document, but the scroll with the image of the document. Such scrolls were sold to the cavaliers of the medal unfilled (i.e. without the document number and the name of the cavalier) so they can proundly display them on holidays at home.

Best,

Nick

• 1 month later...
    On 04/03/2019 at 17:16, JapanX said:

Such scrolls were sold to the cavaliers of the medal unfilled (i.e. without the document number and the name of the cavalier) so they can proundly display them on holidays at home.

Here comes an exellent example.

i-img900x1200-1555232164pingvw274432.thumb.jpg.e4a36fbbb3ff45e077384f854b5d6e8b.jpg

Unfilled ;) 

i-img1200x900-1555232175zhhbic331070.thumb.jpg.ae6d34ea804175eaa53dd1b7b21efd94.jpg

But with photo 

i-img1200x900-1555232186tqu6wn297012.thumb.jpg.155708a309dfaca16a60c2afda679fae.jpg

• 1 month later...