News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

KwaZulu police medals photo's wanted

Hi, I'm looking for good photo's (obverse and reverse) of the following KwaZulu Police medals.

KZP Star for Distinguished Leadership (SED)
    Awarded only to the Commissioner of the KZP, for distinguished leadership, meritorious service which contributed to KwaZulu security, and outstanding service.

Insignia: A 4-pointed star on an octagon, displaying a Zulu shield on an X-shaped centre panel (obverse). It is worn around the neck.

King's Cross for Bravery
    For conspicuous and exceptional gallantry in protecting or saving property or life. The cross was open to civilians as well as to KZP members.

Insignia: A pointed cross with faceted arms, displaying two lions holding spears on a diamond-shaped centre panel (obverse).

KZP Star for Distinguished Service (SOO)
    Awarded to the commissioner and deputy commissioner only, for meritorious service which promoted KZP efficiency and contributed actively to KwaZulu security.

Insignia: A circular medal displaying crossed spearheads and axe-heads in the centre of a 4-pointed star on a black background within a checked circle (obverse).

KZP Star for Outstanding Service
    For (i) particular gallantry in the line of duty or in protecting or saving life or property, or (ii) outstanding service.

Insignia: A 16-pointed silver star displaying a silver-edged red X-shaped symbol on a green roundel (obverse).

KZP Good Service Medal
    For 10 years service.

Insignia: A circular medal displaying the KwaZulu coat of arms (obverse) and the KZP badge with 'Good Service' (reverse).

Thank you for your help.

• 1 year later...
    • 3 years later...

I will also share pictures of all the KwaZulu Police and Prisons Service mefals as soon as I have more time available

Marcon1.

Do you maybe have a cart with all pictures of the Bop Prisons awards?

Marcon1,

Will hopefully share KwaZulu Awards today. Too many to cover

I was quite fortunate to have the change to buy all the 1st Commissioner of the KwaZulu Police, Brig Fontini's Medals, from the family

Will share pictures later

Regards

Archie